Select Language

Regional Centers

How Do I Access Services for a child or adults with an Intellectual or Developmental Disabilities?

The Nevada Division of Aging and Disability Services has
Regional Centers
which provide services to children and adults who have an intellectual disability, developmental disability, or other closely related condition.

There are three regional centers serving various areas of the state. Desert Regional Center (DRC) serves Southern Nevada including Clark, Lincoln and Nye Counties. Sierra Regional Center (SRC) serves Washoe County. Rural Regional Center (RRC) serves the remaining Nevada counties.

Who is Eligible for Services?

To be eligible for state Regional Center services, the applicant must be a legal Nevada resident and have a documented intellectual disability or a closely related condition such as Cerebral Palsy, Epilepsy, Autism, Traumatic Brain Injury or other neurological impairment occurring
prior to age of 22.

In addition to a documented intellectual disability or related condition, a child or an adult must have substantial limitations in
at least three areas
of adaptive functioning: speech/communication; mobility; self-care; self-direction; capacity for independent living; learning and self-sufficiency.

What Services are Available from State Regional Centers?

Services provided or funded may include: service coordination; respite; counseling; jobs and day training; supported living arrangements; family preservation program; in-home habilitation; and state-operated ICF/ID on the campus of the Desert Regional Center.

How do I apply for regional center services?

Contact the designated office in your area to request an application. In Washoe County call Sierra Regional Center at (775) 688-1930. In Southern Nevada (Clark, Lincoln and Nye counties) contact Desert Regional Center at (702) 486-7850. In other areas of Nevada call Rural Regional Center at (775) 687-5162. You can also go online for more information at:

What Information Do I Need to Apply for Regional Center Services?

Be sure to have medical documentation verifying disability and functional limitations to include with the application. School records including individualized education program (IEP) plans are helpful to include with the application.

Also, regional center staff can assist in obtaining information from medical and other appropriate sources. If no information is available, an assessment can be arranged to determine qualification for services.

How Much Do Services Cost?

Regional Centers usually bill Medicaid for many services. However, for minors who are not Medicaid eligible there may be a co-pay for services with a sliding fee scale based on family income and size.

What happens if I am denied services?

If you are denied Regional Center services or eligibility for services you should receive a letter in writing explaining the denial. If you want to appeal a decision or if you have questions about regional center services, contact Nevada Disability Advocacy & Law Center (NDALC) for additional help. There are time deadlines for appeals so do not delay in taking action.

h2For more information about statewide Regional Centers contact NDALC or click on the link below:


  • The right to be treated with respect.
  • The right to live without violence and abuse.
  • The right to make your own choices if you are your own guardian.
  • The right to privacy.
  • The right to access your records.
  • The right to have a review of your services at least once a year.
  • The right to go to the doctor or seek medical attention when you are sick.
  • The right to work and make money.
  • The right to vote.
  • The right to live in a clean and safe place.
  • The right to have friends and participate in recreational activities.
  • The right to ask for help from an advocate or attorney.

 If you believe a Regional Center or provider receiving funding from a Regional Center is denying you any of these rights call NDALC.